ATI started with the idea that a company could have the best customer service in the industry, while providing great opportunities for its employees, customers and vendors. The company is built around core values that include treating employees, customers and vendor with respect, act with honesty and integrity, and have fun. With these in mind, the company has never compromised its ethical obligations to the employees, customers and vendors.
ATI’s first order was financed with money from the owner, Greg Knowles’s 401(k). At the time he had two young children, a girl named Elise who was 4, and a boy named Garrett who just turned 1. Needless to say, Greg’s wife Patty was a little nervous, but she had faith in Greg’s 14 years’ experience in the industry. Greg had built the sales department of 3 different companies, and he learned from the successes and failures of those companies and how to provide great customer service, which he applied ATI from the first day.
ATI’s philosophy of providing the best service in the industry paid off, and the sales in the first 7 months were almost $500,000. In the years that followed, ATI attracted sales people that were drawn to a company that was different from traditional electrical distributors. They wanted a place with no limits, no ceiling on what and who they could become, and that believed in doing whatever it took to take care of the customer. By the end of 2005, the company was steadily growing, and it was time to open an office and warehouse. ATI was providing custom cable assemblies to west coast Caterpillar dealers but was having the products made by various electrical contractors and the quality was not up to the company’s standards. The ATI employees decided to divert the shipment that was intended for one of the contractors to a warehouse the company had rented the day before, and with a bag of tools purchased at a garage sale, the first cable assemblies built by ATI employees were made.
In 2008 the company opened a branch in Las Vegas Nevada, and Greg drew on his past relationships with Square D, aka Schneider Electric, and received authorization to sell the products in Southern Nevada and NW Arizona. Over the next few years, ATI’s reputation as a service-oriented supplier helped it land some high profile switchgear projects like the Downtown Summerlin and the T-Mobile arena.
The company continues to grow and add amazing talent. As it does, ATI will continue to provide amazing customer service and awesome opportunities for our employees, customers and vendors. The company is always looking for smart, curious people who share the vision. If that’s you, reach out and have a conversation. To all the customers, this journey wouldn’t be possible without you. Everyone at ATI appreciates your business – Thank You!
Offering Exceptional Service and Solutions Since 2004
ATI Electrical Supply is a distributor of electrical equipment, wire & cable and electrical components. Our core competency markets include (but are not limited to) temporary & critical power, entertainment portable power and heavy industrial electrical – to include: low & medium voltage switchgear projects, petro-chemical, mining, oil & gas and wastewater treatment…to name a few.
We also have a skilled engineering team and a fully staffed fabrication shop where we can design custom equipment and projects for power distribution and control.
The ATI Process
Companies all over the world, from large construction and engineering firms to event marketing businesses, trust ATI with their portable power needs.
So, how do we handle our customer relationships and project completions? Take a look:
- LISTEN – One of the most important steps. We truly listen to your needs and/or challenges so we know how to move forward.
- VERIFY – Next, we’ll verify your requirements with focus on lead-time, certifications and design improvements.
- PROPOSE – Once the requirements are fully understood and agreed upon, we’ll propose the solution(s). This may include drawing packages, specification documents and pricing proposals.
- SETTING EXPECTATIONS – This part of the process is frequently overlooked by a lot of organizations. Setting appropriate expectations for a project/order ensures you understand our part, and we understand yours. Ultimately, it is always our goal to exceed these expectations!
- EXECUTE – The most critical component, and something we’re great at! We fully understand the time-sensitive temporary & critical power industry, and we know how to execute for you, our customer.
- EVALUATION & IMPROVEMENT – After every significant project we hold an “E&I Assessment” meeting, where we evaluate our internal wins and losses. Once the evaluation is completed, we incorporate what we have learned into current processes in order to ensure future projects run efficiently.
- COMMUNICATION & FEEDBACK – What we pride ourselves on. We will always keep you abreast of current happenings with your order, and encourage open communication so project success is achieved.
As always, we want our customers to know we appreciate feedback! If there is something we’re doing that can be improved upon, we want to know.
Need advice or help with a custom solution? Contact us.
ATI Electrical Supply’s strength and capability as an organization comes from the cumulative contributions of our excellent team — we’re ready to bring our expertise to bear to meet your needs!